profoundly sensitive works for young readers will reflect
on the connections
between her life and her work. All invited.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
6:00-8:00

An Evening with BRUCE DEGEN
Join the award-winning illustrator of The Magic School Bus
series (and much else besides) to celebrate the 20th
anniversary of that bus's first journey! Find out where Ms
Frizzle will be taking her class next, and meet some famous
scientists to boot.
All invited.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
6:00-8:00

An Evening with BRIAN SELZNICK:
"On Non-Fiction, Talking Dolls and A Trip To The Moon."
Join the award-winning illustrator of Walt Whitman: Words
For America , When
 Marian Sang: The True Recital of Marian Anderson , The
Dinosaurs of
Waterhouse Hawkins , and many more favorite books
for a thought-provoking discussion of the history,
pleasures and pitfalls
of nonfiction for younger audiences. Mr. Selznick will
showcase examples
from the past and present, and will also be offering a
preview of his
latest work. All invited.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
6:00 - 8:00
All events are free, and will be preceded by a reception
from 6:00 - 6:30

                 This annual event is intended for adults
who are interested in childrenīs literature, and provides
an opportunity to explore how award-winning authors and
artists approach their
work. We thank the Ezra Jack Keats Foundation for its
support.

Central Childrenīs Room, Donnell Library Center
20 West 53rd Street
New York, NY  10019
(212) 621-0636

GraceAnne A. DeCandido
Reader Writer Reviewer  New York City
Part-time lecturer in children's and YA literature
Rutgers SCILS PDS

Favorite titles Spring 2006
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/books.html

"Technology is the campfire around which we tell our
stories."
- Laurie Anderson