Thanks for all the replies to my question!  I missed saying that I have
a PC and that the editing software I do have is Audacity.  Here is my
original question, followed by what I did (I've had requests) and some
other suggestions that I haven't tried yet.  THANKS to all for their
help!:

Brenda McElyea
Librarian
Aldridge Elementary School (106)
Plano ISD
496-752-0027
Brenda.McElyea@pisd.edu

>>>4th grade readers theatre group has recorded a radio show using an
Olympus WS-100 digital voice recorder.  The recording is saved as a
.WMA
file.  I would like to edit this but the editing program provided by
the
district does not allow me to edit it.  If I can change it to a MP3
then
I would be on my way.  Does anyone know how to convert it from .WMA to
MP3?<<<<

What I did:  I open the file in Windows Media Player, then "burned" it
to a CD.  That automatically changed it to a .CDA file.  Then I "ripped"
it back into Windows Media Player saving it as an .MP3.  After that I
went into my C:/temp files to find it, then copied it to a permanent
file elsewhere.  I can now edit it to my hearts content with Audacity.
Thanks to Jill Lattin in Maine for the clue that led the way!!!!!

Other suggestions:
zamzar.com (suggested by several people)
Nero software
 http://media-convert.com/
http://www.download.com/Free-Mp3-Wma-Converter/3000-2140_4-10442362.html

Thanks again to all for their suggestions!!!!!