Hi all,
I am enrolled as a distance-learning MLIS student at University of Illinois in
Champaign, and am gathering information for a project. I would like to hear from
librarians who offer alternative or nontraditional youth programming and services
at their libraries (school or public). For example, there is a library in
California that is developing a "Utility Exploration Center" that will serve as an
interactive educational center on alternative sources of energy for school children
and adults in the library. Some libraries are building multimedia tech centers and
offering programs on gaming, music recording, podcasting, vlogs, and video
creation. I'm looking for these types of spaces and programs for youth and would
love to hear from anyone dabbling with innovative services! If you would email me
privately at mower2@uiuc.edu, I will compile a list your feedback and post it as a
HIT to the list-serve.

Thank you for you time!

Megan Ower