Hi All-

Several months ago, one of our members shared her experience with author David
Greenberg. As a result, I booked David for a visit to our school, and he was, in a
word, incredible. He mesmerized our students and teachers alike with his abundant
humor, energy and enthusiasm. The halls were buzzing as our students moved back to
their classrooms, comparing their favorite lines from his poems. My students were
so eager to borrow his books that I literally had to raffle them off to those who
were lucky enough to have library class after the assemblies. Their far-and-away
favorite was his Book of Boys (for Girls) and Book of Girls (for Boys). I had used
this book to prepare for his visit, and despite the fact that my book fair starts
tomorrow; I still had the most orders for that book than for any other book I have
ever offered! My teachers kept stopping me to compliment me on my wise choice for
the author visit (Yeah!!). I highly recommend his writing workshop as well; I’ve
NEVER !
 seen ou
r students so motivated. One teacher even suggested that David’s techniques be used
for our PSSA (state tests) prompts if the state really wanted to see what our
students are capable of.
 Ok, so clearly I’m gushing, but when I can bring this type of experience to my
students, I feel that I have impacted their lives-hopefully forever. I encourage
you to look to his website, and give serious thought to inviting David to your
school. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.
Maria Sweet
West Rockhill Elem.
Sellersville, PA 18901
mpsweet@comcast.net