All of this is way cool! I just started a gaming library at my School
Library System to provide games and support for gaming programs in the 22
districts we serve. We are highlighting European style board games to get
started, but are planning on moving into video games soon. Starting with
board games let us focus more on curriculum connections and less on the
hardware and technology. The Superintendents in the region are very excited
about this, and have asked me to bring games for them to see/play and to
talk about this at an upcoming retreat they are holding.

Those of you following this new trend in libraries might also be very
interested to know that ALA has a new Games and Gaming Member Interest Group
(MIG) to provide more information and a place to discuss. I will post more
information about this soon!

Christopher Harris - infomancy@gmail.com
Coordinator, School Library System
Genesee Valley BOCES - Le Roy, NY