Cheryl:

A few years ago Connie Epstein surveyed the Ivy League colleges asking
them what books kids ought to have read before they arrived in college.
She found that there was no magic list.  Moreover, most professors said
they would be happy if they just got kids who still liked ot read.  They
advocated giving grades based on reading by the pound.  I like this
approach a lot better than :  Here are the books good for you.

Teri

P.S.  Hope mto see you and other LM-Netters at TLA.  Stop by our booth,
Sam Houston State UNIVERSITY, Dept. of Library Science.

LM_NET Archive Home