I am a graduate student at the University of North Texas in the School
of Library and Information Science. For one of my summer courses I am
researching the uses of children's literature in the classroom.
I would greatly appreciate any advice or information on the following:
1. programs like the Book Nook program which involve volunteers
   reading in the classroom,
2. Sustained Silent Reading,
3. use as research materials for students,
4. whole-language approach,
5. pleasure reading,
6. expanding the curriculum with activities, ideas taken from
   children's stories
7. the educator's motive
   a. reading proficiency
   b. engaging child's imagination
   c. social resposibility
   d. self-understanding and self-actualization

Thank you for your help,
Jana Wise

Jana Wise                DEATH:  We're gonna cut you up so small
wise@slab.unt.edu                the worms won't have to chew!
Denton, TX               RIMMER: You can't frighten me, I'm a coward.
                                 I'm always scared!
                              Red Dwarf = Gunmen of the Apocolypse