As long as your classes know the alphabet, you could play a game called
'Park That Book'. Play it up like a stereotypical game show host, have
contestants 'come on down', etc. My second graders would be sitting at
tables and competed as teams, but using individuals would work as well.
The basic idea of the game  (aside from learning library skills) is for
contestants to work against the clock (usually I just counted) to put
books on the correct shelf in the Easy Fiction section. Students
learned the layout of the library, practiced alphabetizing, and shelved
my books all at once.

LM_NET Archive Home