I have a parent upset that her 4th grade son checked out The Care and Keeping of
You - the Body Book for Girls.(American Girl publishers) I had discussed w/the
student that the book was about changes in girls' bodies and he said "girls bodies
are interesting". His dad is a teacher here and I did mention it to him and he just
sort of giggled. Apparently mom didn't like the drawings of the girl learning to
use a tampon.
They would like me to have the book in a "special 5th grade girl section"  which I
totally disagree with and don't plan on taking any action w/out a formal complaint.
I just wanted to get some feedback from the group and also ask if there is a
similar book for boys.

Judy Beahan, LMS
Griswold Elementary School
303 Slater Avenue